Photobucket

Friday, October 24, 2014

I. Was. Wrong.

It's been over a year. I can't believe it. I haven't even looked at my blog in over a year let alone write on it. I always think that I am going to do better. I think I will get it all out. I will write it all down. There seem to be a lot of drafts in my saved box. Articles that I started to write and never got around to finishing. That is the story of my life. But back to today.......today two of my children did not have school.....AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW! Well actually I found out last night around 8 pm but that is besides the point. I keep wondering how this happened. How did I not know the kids were out of school today? When I very first started working, the mother that sat next to me would always complain that the schools made it impossible for working mothers. I ASSURED her that was not the case. I had been a stay at home mom for 4 years, I had been the PTA president, I had put in countless hours at the school, so I assured her that I KNEW that they did everything possible to let working moms know the happenings of the school. I still stand by that even though I didn't know my kids were out of school today. I told her how we sent home letters, we posted on facebook, we set up virtual calendars, and so forth and so on. I refused the idea that there were people being left in the dark. I was wrong. There are people in the dark. To all the working moms that I offended over the years, I apologize. I work really hard to keep up with my kids and my husband and the house and the dog and my homeschooling efforts and my daughters chronic illness and and and.......

No comments:

Post a Comment